In April we had our Cover shoot for German Cohaku Vol. 11 in Schwetzingen with our gorgeous Covermodels Kazenary, Super_minaco, Alathaia, Tsukihana Cosplay Artist and the talented Chikara as photographer!
The 11th issue is all about asian culture and asian inspired cosplays! So what could be better than cute girls in traditional dresses and cherry blossoms 😉 We chose the quirky and colorful design of the anime series Love Live!
To give you an impression of our shooting, we made a little behind the scenes-video while the wonderful Morin was taking the Making-of photos. Have fun!
To find all English issues that we are published so far, just klick this link. 🙂
The first German Cohaku was released in September of 2013. And now, in April of 2015, the first English issue of Cohaku magazine has finally arrived!
Like its German sister the English Cohaku is 162 pages strong and comes in a handy book format (look at the pictures down below). And these are the contents:
– A beginner’s guide to sewing by Anna „Artflower“ Schunk
– Cohaku textile guide – part 1 by Naraku Brock
– How to make corsages and corsetts by Naraku Brock
– Getting started in cosplay photography by Senta “Midgard” Gohr
– Basics of special effect photography by Benjamin Gauß
– Working with LEDs by Janine „Yumée“ Baumgart
– How to make a Worbla breastplate by Laura „Lightning“ Jansen
– Interview with international cosplayer Reika Arikawa
– Interview with international cosplayer Calssara
– Special feature: Man at Arms
– Creating realistic wig hairlines by Charmaine “Takeshi Cosplay” Herceg
– The A to Z of wig care by Sarah “Downpourin” Reichling
– Basics of cosplay makeup by Thao „Chikako“ Nguyen
– Basics of crossplay makeup by Florence “bakka-tschan” Heyer
– All about contact lenses by Sophia „Soffel“ Scheffler
Have fun reading the extracts! 🙂
If you want to order your copy, you can get it here in our online shop. We deliver worldwide. International shipping costs via priority air mail (outside Germany) are 3,50 € for 1 Cohaku to wherever you might be! So spread the word and have fun with the first English issue of Cohaku magazine!
Here are some pictures of when we launched Cohaku #05 (german) at the wonderfull The Item Shop in Munich.
In the year 1954 John Ronald Reuel Tolkien’s magnum opus “The Lord of the Rings” came to see the light of day. Today, about 60 years later, the author is widely considered one of the founding fathers of modern fantasy literature and with his stories and characters not only inspired lots of bookworms, but illustrators, filmmakers, costume designers and – of course – cosplayers.
With the recent release of the third Hobbit movie “Battle of the five armies” another cinematic Tolkien trilogy comes to its epic conclusion.
With this picture gallery COHAKU pays tribute to a life’s work. Welcome to Middle-Earth!
This picture gallery was originally release in the Cohaku #05 (German issue)